Saturday, April 6, 2013

Journal Creatively for Healing - updated with fresh pictures and more information.

This is an update of a post I wrote in  November of 2012.  I have spent many hours journaling creatively, and I have found it to be an enjoyable and therapeutic.  I cannot imagine giving up journaling in this manner.   I already had one book about art journaling, but I wanted something fresh and unusual.  I thought it was time to play a little.  The book I chose was Journal Bliss by Violette.  I have thouroughly enjoyed  learning how to make my journal my own.

Sometimes it helps to get the negative thoughts out,
 and  work on changing them to positive thoughts.



Writing your thoughts down on paper can clear your head, and help you make sense of your life.  Creative expression, whether it is doodling, mixed media, or simply writing down your thoughts in your own handwriting can be an outlet of spiritual expression, as well as therapy for changing negative thoughts into positive thoughts. 


This is one of the first journal pages I did.
It's not fancy:  I used lots of stickers.
But the words had power and connection.
This was a big step in my healing process.




Spending 5 to 15 minutes writing or drawing may be just the thing to help you think more calmly or to help you focus when you are in a fog.  You may find you want to spend longer.  I also enjoy responding to scripture I have read:   I remember it better, and it often becomes a prayer or a meditation.  Expressing yourself creatively is something that you can do freely, as an enjoyable outlet for healing in your life -- no worrying about doing it perfectly allowed.



If you would like to read more about creative expression:  there are some excellent books that have wonderful ideas and examples to learn from.  Some are a treat just to browse through.  I have created a list for you to look through:  books that I have already enjoyed, as well as others I still want to read.


This was just for fun.  And I was practicing different techniques 
I could use in my journal.
I especially like the heart on the left and the angel.

2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, Debby! Love the ideas and the books are works of art in their own right. Delighted to see your creativity being unleashed in new ways. You may even inspire me to return to long-neglected artistic expression. Thank you! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Joy. What I would love to do is paint a book of poetry in watercolors, but it would not be bound like ordinary books. I have so many ideas -- so little time and energy. But I have learned to enjoy the journey. I hope to see some of your art too. And your welcome -- I am no Michelangelo, but that is alright. ♥

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. You are a blessing.
Love, Deborah